Saturday, October 31, 2015

Baguio: Day 2


I'm usually a heavy sleeper in the comfort of my own bed, but not when I'm not at home. So, I woke up at around 2 in the morning, and just watched tv. Since I was informed that I can order hot water anytime, I just went to the lobby by 4 in the morning asked for coffee and seated by the Patio. I just drank my coffee, eat the sandwich I wasn't able to finish, checked emails and admired the view infront of me.



By almost 6 am, the sun has already risen so I went back to my room, showered and prepared for the day ahead. I went to the restaurant for my free breakfast. 

My breakfast :) Longsilog, with a side of papaya and brewed coffee.

After eating breakfast, I went to Mines View Park which is just walking distance from the hotel. I have to be honest though, I wasn't impressed with the park. All I saw was the two st. bernards dog which you can take a picture with for 50 bucks (not the friendliest owner, for such cute dogs), a couple of white horses with pink hair, which I think is for picture taking as well, lots and lots of souvenir shops, and the space where you can admire the view.The view deck is not a spacious area. You can't really do much on the park aside from taking pictures and pay for pictures taken with the horses or the dog. I just bought a sando for my nephew and went the Good Shepherd which is just 8-10 minute walks away.



Mines View Park's view deck


Panoramic View

I highly recommend that if you are already in Mines View Park, buy your ube jams directly at the Good Shepherd. It is much cheaper, and more fresh. I bought the ube jams for Php200. If you buy them from the souvenir shops on the park, market or near the bus area, it is around Php 250 - 280. There is also a jeep back to the city or near Burnham Park for Php10 only.

Wright Park, view from the taxi


Wright Park
Upon arrival back on the hotel, I just rest for a little then packed my bags and went to my next destination which is my second hotel. I checked in at Hotel 45 Extension, which is just near SM Baguio.
My room at Hotel 45 extension

Upon checking in, I decided to get a late lunch at BonChon in SM Baguio (I know, I know haha). After that, I started becoming touristy and first checked the Bagui Cathedral which is just a couple of minutes away the hotel.



I don't know about you, but I also don't know about me.. haha. Because somehow, I really don't know what to do next. I smelled Vigan longganisa (not sure if it was Vigan, but it definitely has too many garlic on it) and I really want to try some. But my feet led me to a staircase where some people are passing by. And surprisingly, it led me to Session Road. I don't have any business or plans to do something on session road so I just walked and walked I found myself at Burnham Park.

Burnham Park


Since it is already getting dark, there's not too much to see on the park. Please don't expect me to hop on a boat alone, or ride a bicycle. I would definitely do it, only if I have someone with, but I don't. so.. I just walked around the park, and ang daming momol.

I was thinking of eating at Chaya because I was craving for Japanese food, but google map messed with me haha. And so I find myself walking towards Cafe by the Ruins.

Ruins' Fillet Mignon :D
After eating my dinner, I headed back to Harrison Road to see if the night market has already begun. Sadly, it hasn't and I was too tired and had no place to wait for it to start so I went back to the Hotel, got myself a hot shower, watched tv and slept the night away. 

My nightcap :)
Day 3 of my Baguio Trip is on the next blog. :) -iana


No comments:

Post a Comment