Sunday, November 1, 2015

REVIEW: NEW L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation



So L'Oreal recreated or reformulated their Le Teint True Match Foundation, or at least that's what I heard. They created additional shades to fit more asian skin tones. Sorry, pero iba-iba kasi sinasabi ng mga sales lady when I ask if the product is knew, if it was re-formulated or just new packaging. I bought mine at the department store in SM Megamall, and kudos to L'Oreal for having her. Sidenote: Daming complains before regarding sales rep from them. I was told that it was a bit re-formulated and repackaged; she also said that they lowered the SPF to lessen the white cast on flash photo. She picked my shade, which is G4 Gold Beige and she even guessed that the old one I might have is in the shade of Golden Beige, which is true. And since they have a promo that if you buy the liquid foundation, you get 50% off when you buy the powder. I got my powder in the shade of W4 Natural Beige. I bough the liquid foundation for Php600 and the powder for Php250.

I have noticed that the foundation has shimmers on it, so I looked at the old packaging at it also has shimmers but not that much like the new one. I already knew at this point that it may be a dewy finish so I used my Essence All about matte fixing powder. 

Below are the my pictures from my bare face, which btw is the day after, to 10 hours after. I didn't retouch my face with any powder, nor did I blot my face. I may have touched my face with handkerchief but that's it.



Bare face


After foundation. The tip of my nose is kind of peeling because I have colds.


After make up application, on natural lightning. Bongga!
With flash photo :)
After 5 hours, on flash photo
After 5 hours, on natural lightning
After 10 hours, no retouch.
After 10 hours, on flash photo. NO RETOUCH!
I used my fingertips with the application since it's super blendable. If you may noticed, it didn't cover my red spots fully, but that's okay with me. The side of my nose also got patchy because I have colds and I need to sneeze through out the day. Also, I used a concealer underneath my eyes which may be the reason my under eyes are brighter. But nevertheless, the foundation is still intact. Just the way I see shimmers on my face, which again may be the reason I may look oily for some people. The foundation holds my blush on and contour. 

Btw, I also tried to use the foundation with the matching True Match powder in the shade of W4, but it's too much for me. I looked darker and with a very full coverage face, which again is not my thing.

I did try to compare the old and the new foundation, unfortunately, both of them has no ingredients on it. The new one doesn't say it has SPF. Both has 30ml product on it, the old one says that it is a super blendable foundation.




Notice that the new foundation has more shimmers than the old one.
NEW Liquid Foundation//OLD Liquid Foundation
Back part of the NEW True Match Foundation

Final thoughts: GREAT PRODUCT! What I like with this foundation, the old and this knew one is it really gives you the feel of no-make-up make up look. My skin definitely looks just like it, but a lot better. For me, I'm not a fan of the super poreless make-up look specially on a daily basis so this foundation will be repurchased! I'm just afraid though what it would look like if I'm not going to use the All about matte fixing powder. For people who have dry skin, I bet you can get away with this foundation without using a powder over it. And for people who have oily skin, make sure you're using you're most trusted powder otherwise you may look oily because of the finish or the shimmers on the foundation.

Hope my review helps. Please comment for any question about the product.

-iana

No comments:

Post a Comment