It
looks promising with the word "BB Veil" and it also said that it is
infused with Volcanic Perlite Minerals (and I don't have any idea what
that is :D).
Bare Face.
I
used it first with L'Oreal Le Tient True Match liquid foundation
(Golden Beige). Since the foundation has dewy finish, I thought it would
work great with the BB Veil. I applied it using my beautyblender and it
looked flawless, but I looked super duper extra white on flash
photography and I'm guessing it is because both the foundation and the
powder has SPF.
| Without flash and on flash photo. |
Longevity.
After 4 hours, I looked super dewy and oily. I'm not sure if its
because of my highlight since I'm at our office and it is freezing cold
in there. I blotted my face and retouched using its own sponge. After a
total of 12 hours, my face looked super oily. My foundation is still
intact though the powder still didn't last for my oily skin. I was not able to get a picture of myself after 12 hours, but it is more worse than the picture below.
| After 4 hours |
Verdict:
It's not great for oily skin, BUT.. I'll give it another try using a
different foundation. Why will I give it another try??? Because I want
to. Haha. Well, it's my first time using it and I don't want to waste my
money for the sole purpose of reviewing the product. Plus, I definitely
wanted this to work. So we'll see...
Original Price: Php 399 / But I only bought it for Php 300.
Original Price: Php 399 / But I only bought it for Php 300.
So I tried using my favorite foundation, Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Oily/Combination skin. Let me just say that I have high hopes for this one (as in super high hopes at ayokong masayang money ko and maging fail and first review ko)
| After make-up application (On natural lightning and on flash photo) |
After a total of 12 hours, blotted and retouched on the 4th hour and 8th hour after application.
Final thought: You need to re-touch every now and then or else.. yah know. I guess this will be good for people with dry skin but definitely not for oily skin. To make it really last, you need to use your most trusted liquid foundation. Another thing I didn't like about it is the compact. It is made of plastic, and the way the mirror is under the powder is not convenient. Also, I have only used it twice but I have a feeling that the part where it is all linked (above picture) might break easily. Will I use it again? I guess I would try it again.. why? Sayang naman if I'm not gonna use it again. Haha. Plus I looked pretty naman on my first application. :D As of this writing, I'm trying it again without any foundation, just concealer and primer and I still have the same thought that it's not for oily skin, though mas soft touch na sya. But will I buy it again? Maybe not. It just doesn't fit my pretty and oily skin. :*
I hope this is helpful.
-iana :*
PS. I'm sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. The pictures on this blog will be better, I promise. But regarding the product, I still have the same thoughts. I still try to use it every once in a while and I still need to retouch every hour.


No comments:
Post a Comment